2019 Workshop dates: September 27/ 28th and November 9/ 10th
Platinum printing is incredibly beautiful, tactile and archival and if you are interested in learning how to make your own platinum prints then get in touch for a teaching workshop for the perfect introduction. The 2 day workshop is intensive and hands-on with the emphasis being solely on printing and is designed so you will leave with a solid understanding of the process to continue printing when you return home.
Over the two days you will learn how to,
- setup and use an inkjet printer to make digital negatives
- use brushes and glass rods to hand-coat watercolour cotton rag papers with platinum and palladium solutions
- control hue and contrast of the final print
- use a contact printing frame and expose to ultra violet light
- process your prints to archival standards so that these remarkable prints will last many generations into the future
- identify and troubleshoot common problems
We will be making negatives from digital image files and you will be encouraged to bring your own digital images to print.
Or get in touch with one on one workshops at my place or yours with programs designed specifically for your needs, whether you are a beginner or someone who wants to explore the many variations possible with the platinum and palladium process.