Exhibition quality colour and black and white prints are made using Epson’s professional Ultrachrome K3 pigment Ink set on the finest archival paper and canvas to produce a fine art image that when looked after correctly will last more than a lifetime.
The selection of a paper is a very personal artistic decision. There are no hard and fast rules of thumb for any given image and although I have tried and tested many different papers over the years, these papers below give me the best image quality and greatest permanence.
- Canson Platine Fibre rag – great colour prints, smooth satin finish
- Ilford Gold Mono Silk – bright white paper excellent for B&W prints , smooth satin smooth
- Hahnemuhle German Etching – my favourite textured matte paper
- Museo Portfolio Rag – smooth matte paper , exceptional colour gamut and heavy ‘arty’ feel
- Canvas – Breathing Color Lyve Matte Canvas with a BC satin varnish- 410gms superb Dmax and supple enough to wrap on stretcher bars